Two problems

the old man 19:45 22 Sep 03

1)is the following caused by overheating problem or AGP not set to agp x8 for a fx5200 td128.
*I have just bought myself the above card and upgraded from a riva tnt2 ultra. system running on Athlon XP2000+ WITH 256 RAM AND WINXP. Anyway when the computer boots screen is fine for a couple of minutes then it degrades and then gets to the stage that when i done things, the screen goes black for a second and then image is back. whilst i am typing this there are speckles of blue and red on parts of the screen and the cursor looks as if there is a kind of interference somewhere which is causing the disturbance.*

2) how do i set amd xp2000+ to correct freq. of 1.67ghz (set at 1.25ghz at the moment). is it just BIOS change or do i have to set some jumpers on mobo as well. for problem 1 above how do i change agp setting.

bremner 19:48 22 Sep 03

No 2 is that you need to change the FSB setting in the BIOS from 100 to 133

the old man 20:05 22 Sep 03

so there are no jumper settings to change on the mobo. sorry if this sounds soft but i am a novice when it comes to the innards of my computer.

bremner 18:27 23 Sep 03

You should be able to do it simply in the BIOS. To confirm this you will need to look in the mobo manual.

woodchip 19:13 23 Sep 03

If you did not have the problem with the old card, then it look's like the new card is the problem. Get the latest drivers from the graphics card site

the old man 20:11 23 Sep 03

have got all the latest drivers from MSI website. doesn't make any difference, only problem is the issue of them not being digitally signed by MS.

the old man 20:13 23 Sep 03

have tried to change FSB as you suggested but can only change to 132. is this right or is there something else to change which enables me to go upto 133. have checked manual but no instructions for this.

Groove_remover 21:08 23 Sep 03

Answer to Q2.(I think + hope)

In the BIOS there is a function which as far as i remeber is on the same page a the FSB, RAM times etc. i think it was at the bottom, something to do with either "override" the CPU or "force" the CPU (It was something like this. The only reason i have a elected memory of it was I have the same problem hen building a friends.
Let me know how you get on!!!!

woodchip 22:31 23 Sep 03

You could try this see if it as any effect, right click on my computer/properties/performance tab graphics you will see a slider drop this one notch at a time to see the effect

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…