Two Printers on One PC

mpc21 20:13 23 Aug 04

Have Epson Stylus Photo 890 printer running fine, linked to computer by USB. Computer OS XP Pro. Just added HP 7960 printer and connected by USB.

Now find that the Epson printer keeps having "Communication Errors" and printing is bit hit or mis. If I disconect HP USB lead problem solved.

Can you tell me how I can sort out system so both printers can be connected at same time?

€dstowe 20:21 23 Aug 04

Are these printers connected by a hub? Is it the same hub for both?

We have some computers here with five USB printers attached but we ensure that they each have their own USB port and not a hub.

Our machines have four USB ports on the motherboard and another four + one (internal) provided by a PCI card. That gives us eight independent USB ports all of which can be used concurrently.

mpc21 20:41 23 Aug 04

Both printers are on the same USB Hub - BUT I dis try one on the hub and one into USB port on comtuter.

Same result. Should I change any port numbers or whatever manually or leave everything to OS?

Both printers are on the same USB Hub - BUT I dis try one on the hub and one into USB port on comtuter.

Same result. Should I change any port numbers or whatever manually or leave everything to OS?

mpc21 20:42 23 Aug 04

Sorry, hiccups!

woodchip 20:45 23 Aug 04

You need a USB switch box from Computer Fair

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…