Two Outlook back-up problems....

Maughan 13:08 24 Feb 04

I have two basic questions to which I just CANNOT find the answer (perhaps because they are so basic).

All help gratefully received...!

In Outlook 2002, how can you quickly/easily create a copy sub-file in My Documents (primarily for backing-up purposes) for:

* emails (both in and out); and
* contacts?

[I know how to create the new files - it is filling them that I cannot achieve!]

How can I make a mirror copy in My Documents of the info contained in the Contacts/inbox/sent folders in Outlook?

For emails, I have tried dragging and dropping and exporting and cutting and pasting and it doesn't work at all. (Do I need to get into the .pst files? I am even more confused, if so.)

For contacts, I think I previously found some convoluted way but it was hardly a quick operation.

Thank you!

Maughan

scotty 13:21 24 Feb 04

In Outlook go to the File menu and select Import/Export. Select export to a file. Select Personal Folder File. Follow the on screen instructions.

Maughan 14:12 24 Feb 04

Looks like it really is that simple. Thank you!

I will try all this out later on.

M

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…