Two operating systems on one drive - CD problem

Beckers 20:53 06 Jul 03

I am trying to load W95B from my old computer onto my new computer which operates under Windows Me. I have successfully set up the new primary partition using Partitionmagic but the W95 CD Boot Disk is for the old CD-ROM driver and there seems no way to set up the new CD-ROM driver (even if I knew its name which I don't!)in the new partition. Am I doing something illegal?

woodchip 21:08 06 Jul 03

Get a Win98 Boot disc from click here it will allow you to put 95 on as it contains CD drivers choose start with CD rom support your CD drive letter will have moved by one letter whatever it was i.e. if it was D:\ it will be E:\ etc then with 95 disc in type at CD drive letter SETUP and press enter

Beckers 23:12 06 Jul 03

Thank you, Woodchip.

woodchip 23:30 06 Jul 03

Don't forget you will need a boot manager

Beckers 01:13 08 Jul 03

Don't know what a boot manager is unless you mean PartitionMagic or BootMagic which I am using.
I have with great difficulty got W95 installed but it will only run in safe mode because there is some problem when trying to load some IO device driver (possibly the printer)but haven't had time to sort that yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…