Two operating systems

bruno 10:17 06 Jul 07

I have just had to reinstall XP Home.It has all gone well except for one thing.I did something wrong, and now at start up I have a choice between XP Home and XP Home.How do I delete this?I did it a couple of years ago but have forgotten how.Old age,you know.It is not a big deal as it only means hitting enter,but I would still like it gone.

Sheik Yerbouti 10:43 06 Jul 07

Right click 'My Computer' and select Properties.
On the 'Advanced' Tab click the bottom of the 3 'settings' buttons (Startup/Recovery).
In the dialogue that opens, take the tick out of the box 'Time to display list of operating systems' ...That should fix it. You also have the option to edit the boot.ini file in there, but that needs to be done correctly, or PC won't start.

bruno 16:17 06 Jul 07

Thank you for the quick reply.That did the trick.I could not get back to you earlier as I have been reinstalling stuff.Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…