Two operating systems

EWJ 15:40 10 Dec 04

Is it possible to have two HDD drives one running Win 98 and the other running Win XP.

TomJerry 15:52 10 Dec 04

the best way to achieve this is to use a boot manager to select which one to boot up

My favour is bootmagic which come with partition magic (you need to run PM to parpare HDD first). PM with BM really do magic. click here

Other options are System Commander click here or OS Selector click here, all do great job.

I am sure there are methods which do not need any third party software, but get a proper software will save you a lot time

Jeffers22 16:03 10 Dec 04

There is no limit to the number you can have - other than the limit on the number of letters assignable to a drive or partition. I.e 24 as A and B are assigned to floppy drives.

You can even have two OS-s on the one partition if you box clever and use a batch file to change the name of the windows folders at bootup.

I agree with TomJerry about Partition Magic. It is far and away the best partition tool out there. However, if you are prepared to start from scatch you can use the XP bootable CD to do the partitioning for you and save £35. Having said that, I would recommend buying PM.

Jeffers22 16:06 10 Dec 04

If you've got a spar £100 or so I would suggest you buy HyperOs. take a look at click here I run 1 X Win95OSR2, 3 X Win98 SE, ! X Win ME and 8 X WinXPpro systems on the one PC along with two data drives.

Different systems for different tasks - and NO crashes.

EWJ 18:25 10 Dec 04

Thanks for all the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…