two operating systems?

lewis187 23:38 18 Oct 04

i recently went from xp pro to xp gome and i thought i would have completely restored factory setting tho there are still old un wanted files present and when i do virus scans it scans a part of the pc that is not called what i named my pc and i seem to pick up more spy ware than normal even tho i am running zone alarm whic usually stops it and i wondered if it may be possible tht i have to operating systems on, with one running at same time as mine and it being the old xp not uninstalled properly and if so, or ther is anything i can do to get rid of this old information and files n old computer name etc? thanks

howard60 07:17 19 Oct 04

zone alarm cannot stop spyware which comes in as part of something else. the only certain way of getting back to a clean 1 op sys install is to format the hard disk. Make sure everything you need is backed up first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…