Two Networks Sharing Internet?

sam2004 00:03 03 Jul 08

Hi,

I'm running a medium size network at the moment, with 20 pcs which is running fine. It connectes to the internet via a modem router (also with wireless AP). There is a wired backbone which connects the router to a switch (which has PCs connected to it) and then to another switch a distance away (which has servers connected to it).

However, I now need to add a laptop to the network which only has access to the internet, and no access to any of the PCs or Servers.

I'm a little unsure of how to create two virtual networks, with no access to each other, the only shared element being the internet connection. I was thinking that perhaps i could map the routers internet connection to two seperate ethernet ports (each port connecting to each network) or would a managed switch be better to seperate the internet conenction? perhaps there is another way? please could someone advise?

Thanks in Advance

recap 11:20 03 Jul 08

You may be able to do what you require via Group Policies if you server is running Active Directory in a Domain. click here for further information.

sam2004 18:31 03 Jul 08

Hi,

I'm afraid that i'm not running Active Directory.

I've seen this online:

click here

is this type of setup possible with an ADSL internet connection?

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant