Two modems -can I have

wiz-king 10:53 04 Jun 07

Hi people.
I have broadband on a Virgin cable connection and now want to put another broadband modem onto my telephone - belt and braces!
Is it possible? Running Win XP SP2.

Jackcoms 11:04 04 Jun 07

"now want to put another broadband modem onto my telephone - belt and braces!"

Why?

Belt and braces in case of what?

There may be a conflict between the cable connection and a BB modem

Totally-braindead 11:09 04 Jun 07

I would think the answer would be no. You can easily buy a second router and keep that as a spare but as far as I know you cannot use 2 at the same time on the same line.

wiz-king 13:47 04 Jun 07

I am so far from the phone exchange I can only get 516K BB - maybe, but I thought I would use it for my e-mails which I get by dial-up at the moment.
My main broadband connection is by cable but I can only get webmail that way (I think) until I get my ISP to give me mail via BB.

Fingees 14:24 04 Jun 07

I use bb, and can still access normal mail that I get from my old dial up usp.

If you set your email program up, it will connect ok to your normal type Email

Jackcoms 16:25 04 Jun 07

"My main broadband connection is by cable but I can only get webmail that way (I think) until I get my ISP to give me mail via BB".

You say you can get e-mail via (presumably Virgin) webmail, thus you can get it via an e-mail client such as Outlook Express.

Try setting it up.

wjrt 16:44 04 Jun 07

click here

you could set up a free email account which is independent of ISP from one or more from this list. presently I have yahoo hotmail and lycos. keep one for relations/friends etc another for shopping and another for silly things then you wont get spam on the good one say

wiz-king 11:06 05 Jun 07

Looks like i cant have two modems then for broadband - shame.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…