Two Keyboards Down In A Week

mark500 22:38 23 Sep 03

My daughters computer has thrown out two keyboards in just one week. PS2 connection on a VIA266 mobo running WINXP PRO. The right hand side of the keyboard seems affected. Keys UIOPJKL_+{:@~[]+-09632 Do not work. This is exactly the same on both.When I plug mine into her system,same problem. Plug hers into mine, does not work??. Got me foxed.Uninstalled and reinstalled keyboard several times. What little hair I have left is fast disappearing.Any of you good people have any ideas? TIA.

Djohn 22:52 23 Sep 03

Only thing I can think of is a short on one of the pin holes on the PS2 socket. Your keyboard will not work on your daughters PC, but has not been left connected long enough to be damaged.

That would explain why yours still works when connected back to your PC, but daughters keyboard will not work on either. j.

mark500 23:02 23 Sep 03

Thanks for the prompt reply.I will look into that tomorrow. Let you know if that is the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…