Two Favorites folders?

collinsc 12:58 PM 27 Dec 11

Hi I'm trying to locate my favorites folder.

I am using vista. I have gone to the c drive>users>favorites (i am the only user) however the favorites in there appear to be folders which i have previously deleted from the web browser - and some folders which dont appear which i have added to the vista web browser.

might there be another favorites folder somewhere!?

thanks

northumbria61 13:37 PM 27 Dec 11

Do a search from your Start Menu - that should bring up any your Favourites Folders that are on your PC.

collinsc 13:46 PM 27 Dec 11

thanks - i did think of that, tried and no luck yet.

northumbria61 14:01 PM 27 Dec 11

Try looking in My Documents

Woolwell 14:13 PM 27 Dec 11

I assume that you are using Internet Explorer.

For IE the favorites should be kept in the folder that you have found. If however you are using a different browser eg Firefox or Chrome then their favorites/bookmarks are kept in a different location.

collinsc 16:42 PM 27 Dec 11

i use both chrome and occasionally IE. The favorites i am concerned about are the ones on chrome.

not in 'my documents' - hmm different location eh, where might that be? searching for a folder name or a favorite name has not located them...

collinsc 16:52 PM 27 Dec 11

i use both chrome and occasionally IE. The favorites i am concerned about are the ones on chrome.

not in 'my documents' - hmm different location eh, where might that be? searching for a folder name or a favorite name has not located them...

northumbria61 17:01 PM 27 Dec 11

Try pressing Ctrl+Shift+B to show the 'bookmark manager' (which is a window that shows ALL your bookmarks, imported and otherwise). Works in Win 7 but not sure about Vista.

northumbria61 17:04 PM 27 Dec 11

Should have added that Favourites in Chrome are know as Bookmarks enter link description here

Woolwell 17:14 PM 27 Dec 11

I run Vista and Chrome and ctrl+shift+B toggles the bookmarks bar. Right click on the bar and you find bookmark manager.

Woolwell 17:19 PM 27 Dec 11

The bookmarks for Chrome are stored in "\Users{user name}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default" on Vista but you cannot edit them there. That has to be done through bookmark manager.

The Favorites is for Internet Explorer. You may have imported IE favorites into Chrome.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: We're just hours away from the OnePlus 2 l2…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things