Two of everything I send

Bingalau 10:04 13 Nov 07

in Outlook Express. Whenever I send anything I always use my own address in the "To:" window and put other people's addresses in the "Bcc:" window. Recently I have been getting two copies of my mail instead of one and I suspect the other addressees are also getting two copies. Anybody got any ideas as to where I am going wrong? Or how to cure it? ... This has only started happening recently, I have been using the same method of posting for years.

johnnyrocker 10:09 13 Nov 07

is your bcc messages in a group? and is your e mail addy in this group? which would account for it.

johnny.

p;3 10:11 13 Nov 07

may I ask why you are putting your OWN addy in the 'to ' section? that will merely send it to yourself surely?

crazynurse 10:36 13 Nov 07

If you need a copy of the Email it will usually be in the 'sent' folder.

To: is used for recipient of the mail you want to send.
CC: Is for a (carbon copy) copy to be sent to another person, usually for information only - no action required.
BCC: Is for a (Blank Carbon Copy) copy to be sent to another individual person without the main recipients in 'To' and 'CC' knowing!

johnnyrocker 10:39 13 Nov 07

in actual fact this does not work as if one clicks on message details all recioients are shown..

johnny

Bingalau 10:44 13 Nov 07

Thanks for the quick replies folks and, "Yes" I know all that but I was taught that you had to put an address in the "To:" window. I will give it a try without it. But the double message is in addition to the one in the "sent" area (I am ending up with three now, whereas I was only getting the one I had sent to myself and the one in the "Sent" area, before this started to happen.

Bingalau 10:45 13 Nov 07

johnnyrocker. No I don't use groups... so it's not that. Thanks.

lotvic 11:28 13 Nov 07

nothing wrong with putting your own addy in To: line
It's useful to get a copy of what the others have actually received as opposed to the copy in your Sent folder
I think if you leave the To: blank then some servers will treat it as Spam

possible explanation of receiving two copies of email click here and scroll down to Network and server problems at bottom of page and link displayed therein

clear as mud :)

Bingalau 13:48 13 Nov 07

lotvic. Thanks for your reply, I will now click on your link and see if I can cure it.. It's not too much of a worry anyway just a nuisance. As you say I have always put my own address in the "To:" line because once again as you say it gives you the same mail that the other addressees have got. I will stick the result of things on here later... Thanks again for all the help from everybody.

johnnyrocker 13:51 13 Nov 07

and it was resolved how?

johnny.

lotvic 14:52 13 Nov 07

click on my link that I posted and see what you make of it

clear as mud:D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…