Two of every email received via O.E.

tonyx1302 22:04 26 Oct 04

I am getting the original and a copy...making two in total...of every email I receive in my O.E. inbox. I also have a H'Mail address ( via O.E ) but only get the original in that inbox.

How do I stop O.E doubling up my mail please ? I am on XP with SP2

Thank you

tonyx1302 09:46 27 Oct 04

Any thoughts anyone please.

tonyx1302 18:21 27 Oct 04

Any thoughts anyone please?

brewersfan 21:08 27 Oct 04

I get the same in OE6 too, but one copy eventually disappears. Sorry, never been able to figure out why.

Danoh 22:11 27 Oct 04

This has happened to me before and I seem to recall that it was due to the individual personal folder, stored in a ".pst" file, exceeding 50Mb. So I'd either create another Outlook data file (i.e. ".pst" file), re-organised emails, then compressed the file from within Outlook; right-mouse-click on each personal folder > properties> advanced> compact now>.

That seemed to have sorted it out, but my memory is not what it used to be!! Maybe someone else knows better or you could try testing my memory out.... :-)

tonyx1302 11:05 28 Oct 04

Thanks for your posts brewersfan/Danoh. I will keep this open in case anyone else out there can help.

Sethhaniel 11:20 28 Oct 04

on the downlod - even on last one it will download all again - making two of everything ;)

tonyx1302 11:24 28 Oct 04

Hi Sethhaniel. No interruptions when downloading and still getting two of everything.

Sethhaniel 13:25 28 Oct 04

You may have set an option to delete copies of your messages from the POP3 Internet e-mail server after a specified number of days. When you set this option, messages left on the Internet e-mail server are removed after five days unless you specify otherwise. You may still have copies of the messages if you didn't delete them when they were delivered to your Personal Folders file (.pst).

You may be using a different computer than the one you used to set the option to keep a copy of messages on the server. If you didn't select the Leave a copy of messages on the server check box on this additional computer, your messages will be downloaded to it and deleted from the server.

Noelg23 13:38 28 Oct 04

this happened to me aswell....the problem was I kept going into the Inbox straight away and it kept showing 2 of each message...I was thinking why is this happening so then I decided instead to not go to the Inbox everytime I open O.E. that way one of each message is being received, altho I will admit this only happened with Hotmail now I dont use Hotmail thru OE I use my ISPs email and its fine that might help...but not sure...

tonyx1302 14:15 28 Oct 04

Thanks Sethhaniel /Noelg23 I will try your suggestion. Problem is though I still cannot find out how it happens and how I can permanently stop it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…