Two e mail addresses

1dave2 18:12 29 Jun 05

Hi guys, I have win Xp and my wife and I log on seperatly ( you know the two identities thing) and we can both open Outlook express for E mail. I have made it so we both an account, so that when I send an E mail it sayes its from me and when she sends one it says it's from her. But the incoming e mail always goes to whoever logs on to Outlook express first. This is I suppose because essentialy it's only one E mail address. How can I change this so we have our own E mail within Outlook Express?

Thanks, Dave.

Diodorus Siculus 18:18 29 Jun 05
  1dave2 15:14 30 Jun 05

My e mail is outlook express and my isp is wanadoo. I've tried doing what you suggested, diodorus and e mail's can be sent out seperatly but when an e mail is received it is received by whoever logs on first no matter what the first name on the address is. I'm not sure it is possible to do what i'm after.

scotty 15:25 30 Jun 05

In OE you have "accounts" set-up for each e-mail address you wish to retrieve from the server. It sounds as if you have two accounts set-up under your log-on and two under your wife's. Try deleting your wife's account from OE in your log-on and remove your account from OE in your wife's log-on.

1dave2 15:31 30 Jun 05

That was a good idea Scotty and I thought you were onto something but I've just tried it and the same thing happened

scotty 15:41 30 Jun 05

I think you need to swap compters with this chap who has the opposite problem - click here

Isn't there an option when you set up users to have the identities either created the same or to have them totally independent? Perhaps that is the route to try. Create another user and select the "keep identities the same" option.

This may be the solution to both questions.

1dave2 15:57 30 Jun 05

Hmmm how odd! I've just tried creating a new user on the log on and the only options are to have it as a limited account (so they can't alter settings etc) or an administrator.

scotty 16:01 30 Jun 05

My experience is with ME not XP. Perhaps that is the difference?

1dave2 16:03 30 Jun 05

It could be, Scotty. Thanks for your help, I think I'll get some tea now. I'm fed up!!!

Diodorus Siculus 21:30 30 Jun 05
  1dave2 15:35 01 Jul 05

That didn't work either I'm afraid to say.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…