Two DVD's on one disc. Possible?????

DJ-Garry 19:17 04 Aug 04

I have a copyright free DVD that is for kids. The whole disk is only 2.15Gb. There is also a disk 2 of similar size. Does anyone know how I can combine the two onto one 4.7Gb disk

Wes Tam ;-) 19:51 04 Aug 04

Have you tried using DVD Shrink free from click here ?

Wes Tam ;-) 19:54 04 Aug 04

Should have added shrink the 2 DVDs to fit the 4.7G and pull them together with Nero and then burn.

DJ-Garry 20:06 04 Aug 04

Thanks Guys.

Wes Tam ;-), I have and use shrink but can you tell me, do I just dump all the files from both DVD's into the VIDEO_TS folder in Nero or is it a little more complicated than that.
I shall probably be Re-Authoring using shrink to get just the Main Movie of each.

Cheers, Garry.

SEASHANTY 20:11 04 Aug 04

If you had a Panasonic DVD recorder with hard drive
you could do this easily. Sounds as if the DVD's are approx 50 to 55 mins each. Record to Panasonic HDD in standard play mode in real time. First disc to completion then press pause. Insert and record disc 2 by releasing the "Pause" button thus recording both discs to HDD with a seamless break.
This would take around a couple of hours to record
in real time. Then use high speed dubbing to transfer the HDD recording to 4.7GB DVD-R. The latter would take less than 15 minutes to complete
and finalise the disc. Useful but initial outlay
expensive.

Wes Tam ;-) 21:54 04 Aug 04

ßéLâ I don't know why you said that. I just open the files from the VIDEO_TS folder (VTS_01_1; VTS_01_2 etc) in Nero and then pull them into the new video.

SupaGaz don't forget to open a new folder for each of the DVDs or else one will overwrite the other (DVD1 will have a VIDEO_TS folder and so will DVD2).

woodchip 22:06 04 Aug 04

Or Movie Shrink & Burn from Ashampoo

broggs 23:24 04 Aug 04

to mi postings

Wes Tam ;-) 09:37 05 Aug 04

ßéLâ I only rip the main film, not the extras, and I create the chapters in Nero.

Wes Tam ;-) 15:33 05 Aug 04

ßéLâ I open SmartStart

>click DVD tab

>click 'Make Your Own Video'

>click 'Make New Movie'

>click 'Browse for Files' to open relevant files in 'My Media Files'

>drag files to the Video Track

>click 'Next'

>click 'Create Chapters'

and then I make as many Chapters as I want.

DJ-Garry 11:21 07 Aug 04

Wes Tam ;-), I can't find SmartStart. I realise it is part of Nero, but where is it or how do you start it. I have Nero v6.
Cheers, Garry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now