Two different Dialup login boxes.???

Happy1 21:34 19 Apr 03

Hi there dont know if a big problem or not. I am using laptop with XP Pro. BT openworld(bt internet) surftime. I use btopen Surf Icon on desktop to log on. All details OK correct number of dots in password box. Works at 38.6 kbps every time I log on which it never used to be. Never changes. Always used to be about 40 or 44Kbps.depending on traffic.If line drops because of cut off time bout 2 hrs. an orange flashing panel appears on taskbar which says connecting to internet or bt open. it doesnt do though unless I dont wait long enough. So I click on it and a different box comes up which looks exactly like windows 98 dialup box. Details correct except for password box which has too many dots. So I close and dont use. I have tried to find the details in dialup connection details and also phone modem icons in Control panel but cant find it. New to XP. Is there somewhere else I look.am I making sense.

Paperback Writer 21:40 19 Apr 03

The "too many dots" you mention are used to hide the amount of letters in your password. Nothing to worry about.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…