two days of a wireless nightmare

bobbybluenose 20:39 25 Apr 08

hi folks trying to go wireless s/o xp echolife router provided by talk talk dongle in usb i have put Ethernet lead to pc open internet explorer nothing tried entering 192.168.11. but all i get is internet explorer could not open the search page so i have uninstalled the tt software can anyone help please the kids are doing my head in please bare in mind you be helping a complete pc dummy

Woolwell 20:53 25 Apr 08

Try turning off your firewall.
click here
This thread has links to other threads with similar problems and also a link to the use manual

bobbybluenose 21:11 25 Apr 08

Woodwell thanks but it is not a router problem the router works on this pc fine i have spent hours on the phone to tech support to no avail i would prefer to do this from scratch without tt software is this possible

Woolwell 21:23 25 Apr 08

Did you turn the firewall off and then enter 192 etc.?

Haven't got this router and not with TalkTalk so will wait for someone else.

bobbybluenose 21:35 25 Apr 08

cant find firewall its not on control panel eemmmm

mrwoowoo 21:49 25 Apr 08

Click Start, click Run, type Firewall.cpl, and then click OK.
2. On the General tab, click Off (not recommended), and then click OK.

bobbybluenose 21:54 25 Apr 08

windows cannot find firewall cpl windows xp 2002 service pack 1 could this be the problem

mrwoowoo 00:44 26 Apr 08

Is it not in control panel under security.

MCE2K5 00:56 26 Apr 08

Isn't the Firewall in XP SP2.

MCE2K5 00:56 26 Apr 08
  bobbybluenose 10:53 26 Apr 08

MCE2K5 i have down loaded s/p 2 to my computer how can i transfer this to the other pc without a memory stick i have a 8 pin lead pc to pc will this do but if i cant find a firewall on the pc i am trying to go wireless on could it be a Microsoft problem i am reinstalling xp pro to see if this makes a difference cheers bobby

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…