Two computers online with XP?

sorefingers 23:40 08 May 03

How easy is it to connect my two computers which both have XP... (in order for each/any of them to use the internet...Blueyonder) Both machines have USB2...both are HP Pavilions!

Thanks for any help!

Eagie 23:44 08 May 03

Do they both have ethernet cards/sockets? If so all you need is a crossover cable to set up a network which will be able to use the same internet conection.

hugh-265156 23:46 08 May 03
  keith-236785 23:48 09 May 03

Please check with Blueyonder if this is possible, i have heard that ics (internet connection sharing) isn't allowed by blueyonder.

1832bchs 23:53 09 May 03

I share a Blueyonder connection with 2 computers, using wi-fi adaptors, works well.

sorefingers 00:31 10 May 03

..thanks for the input 1832bchs, but is this a simple but expensive way of Broadband sharing? Can I swop between my base unit and Laptop easily/cheaply or do I need three pieces of equipment?

jazzypop 00:44 10 May 03

This site explains the various options for sharing a broadband Cable connection - just substitute BlueYonder for NTL, the principles are identical - click here

I recommend buying a router if your budget will go that far, as it allows each PC to have independent access. If you buy a Netgear FR114P router, you can connect your printer to the router, and both machines will always have access to it. See

sorefingers 00:52 10 May 03

...I have the SMC Barricade I bought last year...tried linking it to my comps...but got lost part way through...then left it aside!!...maybe having XP on all machines now might help...what d'ya think?

jazzypop 01:06 10 May 03

Go for it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…