two cdrw drives

iqs 18:40 25 Mar 05

win xp...hello,i have an internal cdrw and have just purchassed an external unit.both work fine,but i can only set one has default for recording ?.when i access properties,then recording,i have to tick the box to enable recording on this device.i can not have both boxes ticked on both devices.is this the norm.many thanks.regards,mike

Fingees 18:44 25 Mar 05

Unfortunately you don't say what recording s/w you are using.
With nero although you have a default drive, you can always pick whichever one you wish when you want to use it.

iqs 20:24 25 Mar 05

sorry for the lack of info.its when i right click on a folder and send to.all the drives are present,but the only cdrw shown is the one enabled to record.i hope this helps.mike

crx1600 20:33 25 Mar 05

where you see the option to 'Enable CD recording for this drive', right-click upon those words and open the 'whats this?' dialogue;

"Indicates that you can copy files to the CD. You can only enable CD recording for one device at a time"

as mentioned, 3rd party software will give the choice of both drives.

iqs 17:40 26 Mar 05

hello fingees and crx1600.many thanks for all your help.problem solved.kindest regards,mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…