Two boots required to start everytime

GaryH 15:56 12 Aug 06

Every time I attempt to start my PC it takes two attempts to load. On the first occasion the screen displays no input meaning the monitor is blank and has no input from the graphics card. If I hold down the power button it turns off and on switching on loads as usual although very slowly. Can anyone help please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:01 12 Aug 06

Disable the "fastboot or quickboot" setting in the BIOS and retry

GaryH 17:28 12 Aug 06

The fast boot or quick boot is already disabled..
Gary.

FelixTCat 17:45 12 Aug 06

Gary,

On the first boot, is it only the monitor that doesn't work? Is the rest of Windows loading? (Hard disk thrashing, lights on system box flashing, etc)

Regards,

Felix

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:47 12 Aug 06

Unplug the PC and press and hold the power switch for 20 seconds, this discharges all the charge in the power supply.

Some people swear that this does the trick.

GaryH 18:17 12 Aug 06

Felix,
The PC has a little activity for a but I dont think that it is trying to boot as when I start again and it boots I never get the message that he failed to boot properly. It also does not perform a scan disk. Gary.

FelixTCat 18:28 12 Aug 06

Gary,

It may be a sign that your psu is not up to the job. On start-up there is a heavy load as all the fans, hard disks etc start spinning; a quick second start probably has them already running, so the load is less.

Have you recently upgraded the pc, particularly the graphics card, or added a new hard drive?

Regards,

Felix

GaryH 18:31 12 Aug 06

Felix,

Yes, I have added another Hard drive. Sounds like that might be the problem.... I only have a 350 watt PSU so I will try an upgrade. Thanks very much for the suggestion. Kind regards, Gary.

FelixTCat 18:39 12 Aug 06

Gary,

You're welcome.

Best wishes,

Felix

GaryH 21:57 15 Aug 06

I upgraded the PSU to 550 watts but the asme problem appears. I also changed the graphics card for an old one and still the same problem. Anyone has any ideas please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:09 15 Aug 06

What power management settings do you have?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017