twitching graphics

JOHN232 07:00 20 Dec 05

I think that I may have caused this problem myself as I was trying to clear some programmes from my computer the otehr day and may have got rid of something that I shouldn't have. Anyway, the problem I have is that some graphics keep twitching and shaking, particularly for the first ten seconds or so after I've opened a page. It's continuous on some pages, especially if there are moving graphics on that page. It's very irritating.

Please keep any suggestions very simple as I'm a bit of a novice !! Thanks

xania 08:48 20 Dec 05

Could be that your graphics driver has been damaged. You may get away with reinstallation over the top, otherwise uninstall and reinstall.

JOHN232 09:29 20 Dec 05

I'm sorry but could someone help me in running me through how I do this. To be honest I don't know where to find my graphics driver.

gudgulf 10:16 20 Dec 05

Are you using Windows XP?

If so you could try using System Restore to return the pc to before the problem occurred.

JOHN232 16:35 20 Dec 05

I'm operating on Windows 98.

xania 19:16 23 Dec 05

The graphics driver will have come with your graphics card. The manual should tell you how to remove and reinstall the drivers. Failing that, let me know what make and model your grpahics card is and I'll try to take you further.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…