Twinham dvb

iceberg1 18:31 03 Oct 05

I have purchased a Twinham Magicbox DVB. I have installed it in accordance with the instructions and all channels appear on the list. The preview channels only shows about three channels. When I click on a channel I get a message saying"Timed out. Try again later". The quality of my reception is 80% and the frequency is 60%. Why can't I view any channels?

Stuartli 19:02 03 Oct 05

Preview channels only show the channels being transmitted on each MUX.

iceberg1 19:49 03 Oct 05

Yes I know, whether you click on the preview channels or on the list of the 33 channels I get the same result.

Stuartli 23:53 03 Oct 05

You should get a lot more than 30+ channels.

Make sure that if you make any changes in the TwinHan software you click on Apply first and then OK - it can make all the difference.

TwinHan's software is usually excellent - I had the TwinHan Freeview DTV-ter card for about nine months before switching to the D+A version - and it brought in all 80 Winter Hill TV and radio channels (now even more in number).

iceberg1 12:24 04 Oct 05

I've tried it this way and everyway possible but I still cannot view any channels. I get the radio channels also but again they don't play. I've tried emailing Twinhams but they are very slow to respond.

SANTOS7 12:30 04 Oct 05

click here
may help

iceberg1 14:01 04 Oct 05

Thanks, I have already looked at this but it doesn't solve my problem.

Stuartli 15:45 04 Oct 05

I see the MagicBox uses BDA drivers like mine. Have you downloaded the latest BDA drivers from the website?

The only other thing I can suggest is that you try ShowShifter along with the new drivers; I found it better speed wise than PowerCinema, which is what I have to suffer with my card...:-(((

Contact at TwinHan:

[email protected]

May is in sales, but seems to know her stuff and responds very quickly.

Stuartli 15:46 04 Oct 05

Sorry, I'd assumed earlier that the MagicBox used the DTV 2.43 and upwards software.

iceberg1 17:52 04 Oct 05

Thanks,I have just shot off an email to her.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…