Twin dvd burners

manrow 20:11 23 Jul 08

I recently fitted 2 identical internal dvd burners as I planned to copy my own-produced dvds 'on the fly'.

However trying to use Nero to do so, I get messages asking me to remove original disk and replace with blank, so clearly is not trying to copy 'on the fly'.

I did set one drive as master and the other as slave; so what have I missed or done wrong?

Diversion 20:22 23 Jul 08

I've just tried mine on the Side Bar on Vista, clicked on disc copy and one tray opens for the original disc. On putting that and Nero reads the disc it then opens the other tray telling me to put in a blank disc.

sharpamat 20:32 23 Jul 08

presume you did ensure the correct settings for each drive when you opened Nero

ie destination and scource

grey george 21:28 23 Jul 08

How are these connected? Are they on the same ide cable or are they sata?

manrow 21:58 23 Jul 08

grey george,

you may be on to something there!

They are on the same ide cable.

gazzaho 22:30 23 Jul 08

It sounds to me to be a software settings problem rather than a hardware one, as you've set one as master and one as slave and both are reconised in Windows, and I presume with no conflicts or errors in Device Manager there shouldn't be a hardware problem, providing you have the master drive on the end of the cable and the slave on the middle cable socket of course.

Stuartli 00:49 24 Jul 08

Whether the Master or the Slave is connected in the middle or end of an IDE cable shouldn't make any difference - it doesn't in my case as the Master (DVD rewriter) is in the middle and a DVD-ROM drive at the end...:-)

But it is important that one (normally a rewriter) is set as the Master and the other as the Slave; Windows normally does this automatically with regard to drive letters' assignment.

wossie 01:00 24 Jul 08

Are you using Nero 6 or later, I had to set up a system for someone who wanted to copy two dvd's at once from an original, the DVD rom was connected as a slave to the hard drive and the other two DVD rw's were set to slave and master, but you have to select the source and destination if just using two DVD rw, difficult as I had the same problem with two identical drives. Have fun.

gazzaho 03:51 24 Jul 08

Stuartli

I'm just going by my own experience with hard drives on IDE cables as in the past I have had recognition problems when the drives where switched around, I was told by an engineer a right few years ago to do this, he said something about termination or something like that so I always did it like that from then on, perhaps it was only needed on older computers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017