Tweakui !! Help am I an idiot?

RENNO 16:12 07 Jan 03
  RENNO 16:12 07 Jan 03

I have downloaded tweakui but now I am unable to load onto my pc . Everytime I click on icon it says that "tweakui must be run from control panel, do you want to install now" I click on yes but nothing happena . Am I missing the obvious help

Mac & Beth 16:18 07 Jan 03

What OS?

Try right clicking and select install if its there then goto the control panel.

Mac & Beth 16:18 07 Jan 03

Also if you are running XP did you get the XP version?

exodus 16:23 07 Jan 03

Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows 98, and Windows 95

Download TweakUI (version 1.33).

Unzip tweakui.zip using an unzip utility, such as WinZip, and place the files in a new folder in a convenient location, such as your desktop.

Right-click on the tweakui.inf file and select Install to install it on your system.

To start TweakUI, double-click the TweakUI icon in Control Panel.
Note: there's a bug in this installer (it's been there since the very first release, except for the new version for Windows XP). If it prompts you to insert a disk or specify the location of the Tweakui files, just point to the folder containing the files you just unzipped, and click Ok.

Hope this helps but not for XP

RENNO 16:27 07 Jan 03

cheers a case of not seeing the wood for trees me thinks .

IZZY 16:32 07 Jan 03

No you are not an idiot. Most people have difficulty initially with Tweak.

This might help from a previous posting of mine...with help from others...

Normally, after unzipping, just right click the TweakUI .INF file in the Windows Temp folder (it looks like a notepad with a yellow seal) and select Install. That's virtually certain to do the trick, but if this doesn't work for you, carry on as below.

Double-click to unzip and four files will be sent to C:\Windows\Temp folder.
Go to that folder and you'll find the files at the foot.
One of them when double clicked will bring up the install screen, possibly with a screen superimposed asking for the install disc, which is a nonsense item.
Click to indicate you have the disc.

Look at the install path in the dialogue box bottom left, and alter what it says to C:\Windows\Temp then click OK.
Two windows will leap into view. Just get rid of them by clicking the x on the right hand one.

You'll then find TweakUI in the Control Panel.

Acknowledgements to flecc with thanks for past help.

Regards

IZZY

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…