TweakUI

///A M G 20:14 09 Mar 04

I would like to inform you all that a friend at who works for microsoft said not to install Tweakui or any other power toys. This is because they affect other things in the Reg. He siad you are better off using regedit.

Just to let you know!

GaT7 20:19 09 Mar 04

Can your friend be kind enough to teach us HOW to use Regedit to make the changes Tweak UI easily & conveniently makes for us? Being serious.

///A M G 20:25 09 Mar 04

Well regedit is hard, but Tweak UI doesnt just change one reg but changes a range which is incorrect. Look at the controll panel option, if you untick them, you will find the icons go (expected) but when you re-tick them, they go into one directory called 'other control panel settings'

Jester2K 20:37 09 Mar 04

Didn't someone else have problems with that today??

I'll continue to use TweakUI all the same thanks.

GaT7 20:52 09 Mar 04

Well ///A M G, you still didn't answer my question about getting help ; )

///A M G 21:51 09 Mar 04

sorry didnt get the question could you explain again. Yes I did have the problem that why I asked my friend about it.

VoG II 21:54 09 Mar 04

Straightforward question - what registry changes do you have to make to do the things that TweakUI does?

Jester2K 21:54 09 Mar 04

How do you use REGEDIT to perform the useful functions that TWEAKUI does?

powerless 21:55 09 Mar 04

All tweakUI is; is a graphical registry editor!!!!!

Cuddles 21:56 09 Mar 04

If Microsoft do not like people using Tweakui, why do they have the download on there site

VoG II 21:56 09 Mar 04

Yes.

Awaiting a response from the wise one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…