Tweaking a new PC

Diemmess 13:40 14 May 07

Just when I thought my new system (XP Pro SP 2) was in full working order, I'm asked for yet another download.

Java seemed accessible from a free site, but wouldn't install without loading Active X first!

Will some kind soul recommend the pecking order and best sites to tap for the downloads?

TOPCAT® 14:14 14 May 07

but after updating these free downloads I noticed in Add/Remove progs I had two 'updates' each of 120MB size. I got rid of them and just have this one installed. It is still a 130MB sized program though but I have no web viewing problems with it. Also, you do need to download an Active X first to get it. TC.

click here

i posted about this, there is good advice hear, excuse the small talk
click here

Diemmess 14:53 14 May 07

A vote of thanks to both of you!

My wife says I must get outside NOW.
(She spends every waking minute in the garden)

Think I have it sorted along TC's path to have installed what I wanted, but there's more good clean amusement yet in your post adman 2!
(Particularly if/when I find its all set up with/without snags).

try pulling the hay fever card! never tried it myself, but i dont have a wife :)
or garden for that matter!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…