The TweakGuides Tweaking Companion

BRYNIT 10:53 21 Apr 07

I have found a link to a Vista and Windows XP Tweak Guide for any one interested. click here.

The regular edition is free to download.

Note from the web page.

The TweakGuides Tweaking Companion (TGTC) is the complete system optimization guide for Windows users. Designed for novice and advanced users alike, it is written in plain English to help you genuinely understand all aspects of Windows and your PC. The guide covers every major topic, from the correct installation of Windows and critical drivers and software, through to recommendations for every significant setting and feature, all the major performance and convenience tweaks and customizations, as well as detailed troubleshooting advice. There are also links to a range of reliable free applications for optimizing and maintaining your system, as well as to important resources for finding out even more about Windows and your PC.

The Vista guide is over 200 page.

Stuartli 11:36 21 Apr 07

I've regularly referred to the excellent, comprehensive and well written TweakGuides in these forums, especially with regard to properly installing ATi and nVidia graphics cards.

See, for instance:

click here

SB23 11:48 21 Apr 07

Thanks very much. Just downloaded the XP pdf, certainly looks interesting, and good for reference in the future.

Thanks again

Steve

Arthur Scrimshaw 11:52 21 Apr 07
  sunny staines 12:11 21 Apr 07

Arthur

very good link, thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant