Tweak UI Pro

shizzy 21:33 12 Mar 04

The above software was on a recent cover disc on XP magazine. I used it for the first time yesterday to remove unwanted files. The first onscreen message after a reboot was that Word was not installed to the registered user,luckily after inserting the Word disc and replacing the files everything seems ok. Beware if you have this programme.

JJW 22:08 12 Mar 04

Yeah, me to. "What have i done" I thought. I,ve uninstalled it...

shizzy 16:37 13 Mar 04

I too uninstalled as going on System Restore did not recover my Word files. Too risky if you are not an expert and I'm definitely not.

JJW 17:04 13 Mar 04

Best bit was though, on the same day I installed a new card reader on my computer and left it plugged in as I did with the old card reader it was replacing. After I ran Tweak pro and cleaned out my old files I ran system restore to stop word giving me nothing but error messages. Only trouble was when I went to restart my computer the dam thing would not load up windows, just a black screen after the first Packard Bell screen shot....Oh no I've ****ed it up big time. Nothing I tryed worked so I cut my losses and did a complete reboot back to factory settings, loosing loads of work in the process!!!! To cut a long story short, the reason it would not start up was because I had this new card reader plugged in. I found warning message at bottom of instructions in very fine print "Computer may not start if left plugged into USB port on start up. Disable Boot from USB in Bios settings" AAAAAGH. Never mind. It will teach me to read the instuctions better in future and stop fiddling with my set up.

shizzy 20:40 13 Mar 04

Makes you wonder how many more people had problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…