Tweak UI how do I lauch it ?

CDL 14:29 11 Mar 03

I have downloaded Tweak ui (several times from different sources !)
Each time I get the zip file - unzip it and get confirmation that 4 files have been successfuly unzipped.
Nowthen, how do I launch the application?
On one of the 4 files,if I double click it, I am told that Tweak ui should be launched from the control panel - "do I want to install it now?" When I ok that I am told to insert the Tweak ui disc !
What am I doing wrong ?
(Win98 SE)

SMB Systems 14:32 11 Mar 03

right click on the tweakui file and in the menu you should see an install option, click this and this should install it no problem, you can then open tweakui from control panel

MAJ 14:39 11 Mar 03

Go to the folder that the files were extracted to, locate the tweakui.inf file, right click on that then follow SMB Systems' instructions.

IZZY 16:32 11 Mar 03

CDL...Hi..

This might help from a previous posting of mine...with help from others...

Normally, after unzipping, just right click the TweakUI .INF file in the Windows Temp folder (it looks like a notepad with a yellow seal) and select Install. That's virtually certain to do the trick, but if this doesn't work for you, carry on as below.

Double-click to unzip and four files will be sent to C:\Windows\Temp folder.

Go to that folder and you'll find the files at the foot.

One of them when double clicked will bring up the install screen, possibly with a screen superimposed asking for the install disc, which is a nonsense item. Click to indicate you have the disc.

Look at the install path in the dialogue box bottom left, and alter what it says to C:\Windows\Temp then click OK.

Two windows will leap into view. Just get rid of them by clicking the x on the right hand one.

You'll then find TweakUI in the Control Panel.

fin

Acknowledgements to flecc with thanks for past help.

Regards

IZZY

CDL 01:08 12 Mar 03

Thanks for the direction you lot ! Got it now,much appreciated. CDL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…