Tweak UI

Detnick 18:01 31 Jan 03

I am told in the febuary issue that I can remove unwanted left overs from the add/remove programs using Tweak UI but I have hit a blank I have windows XP and have wanted to remove the name of a program I uninstalled called Communicate-32 from the installed section but never have been able to it will not go with the usual uninstall commands.

Detnick 18:25 31 Jan 03

Just to say thanks if anyone can help and I was refering to the feb issue of PC Advisor

Cuddles 20:48 31 Jan 03

Detnick

Have you tried regedit, START>RUN>REGEDIT>EDIT>FIND>(TYPE IN NAME OF PROGRAM)entries will be highlighted in blue,delete and press F3 to resume search.

Lone Crow 21:27 31 Jan 03

Under Win ME you just fire up TweakUI and click on the Add/Remove tab. Highlight the name to remove and click on Remove. It does tell you that removing any name doesn't uninstall the program, just removes its name from the Install/Uninstall list. I presume it's the same for XP? LC.

woodchip 21:34 31 Jan 03

Tweak will only remove the entry in Add\Remove not any software or files

woodchip 21:34 31 Jan 03

Your best bet is as Cuddles

Detnick 15:02 01 Feb 03

I have tried cuddles suggestion unfortunately a while a go I deleted manually every entry in the registry for Communicate-32 by hand and the search as drawn a blank I may install it again and try again to uninstall it using cuddles advice it was a fax program from Elsa now defunct I believe and came with a modem on a disc.

Thanks once again

Detnick 16:08 01 Feb 03

I have reinstalled communicate!-32 and then uninstalled it mainly manualIy and also using the registry editor but I still cannot get rid of the record in add/remove programs any other suggestion

thanks once again

Cuddles 16:09 01 Feb 03

What is the name of the actual thing you are trying to get rid of?
I have often come up with a nothing found in regedit but have then redefined search and come up with entries. Presumeably you have tried deleting from START>FIND>FILES OR FOLDERS, IF THIS SHOWS AN ENTRY YOU WILL THEN KNOW WHERE TO DELETE FROM.

VoG™ 16:11 01 Feb 03

JV16PowerTools will do what you want click here

rawprawn 16:53 01 Feb 03

I think VoG is right jv16 power tools are the best way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…