twain/canoscan

lloopyloo28 16:37 05 Sep 04

Am having problems installing a CanoScan N124OU Scanner on to a PC running XP. The scanner has been installed before with no problems, but PC has had new hard drive. Have followed links in previous postings and downloaded drivers for TWAIN but have been unable to get them to run.

Please help!

Diemmess 16:52 05 Sep 04

Installing a BB modem required me to load the drivers 1st and connect the USB line only when requested during the process.

Installing an external HD (in Win98SE)- the same, in fact the system only woke up to this one, when the USB plug was shoved in after all else was running.

This may have nothing to do with your problem, but it might be the best way to try.

Just to confuse. Long ago the SCSI scanner caused mayhem until I offered the Twain software AFTER the system was up and running.

Cook2 23:54 05 Sep 04

I had a similar problem with my Canon N650U.

When I installed the CD I assumed the twain driver would be installed automatically, for some reason it wasn't.

Go into Device Manager - Imaging Devices, right click on your scanner then update driver. Choose not to do it automatically. Browse your CD for Drivers - English - (your model)and it should install the Twain driver from the disk.

I hope this works for you too.

Cook2 23:54 05 Sep 04

I had a similar problem with my Canon N650U.

When I installed the CD I assumed the twain driver would be installed automatically, for some reason it wasn't.

Go into Device Manager - Imaging Devices, right click on your scanner then update driver. Choose not to do it automatically. Browse your CD for Drivers - English - (your model)and it should install the Twain driver from the disk.

I hope this works for you too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…