twain.aquire

YAMA 13:03 09 Sep 07

Hi all hope there is help out there.re printed this because it has the same problem, I removed this removed that -re-installed this re-installed that, I have epson stylus cx3600. I can print, and I can scan - print using the machine, ican also print from pc to machine, BUT I can not now beable to scan from the using the pc, in my paint shop pro, when i call to IMPORT>TWAIN>ACQUIRE. or when i open scan all opens ok then when asked to , it says to install a new twain???? and then ,
It comes up with UNABLE TO LOCATE FILE JCD.DAT. AND SO I CAN NOT GET TWAIN TO open SO ANY HELP WITH ADVICE PLEASE,
REGARDS
YAMA

Woolwell 16:59 09 Sep 07

Why don't you do what you did last time?
click here
Is there a further problem?

Totally-braindead 17:57 09 Sep 07

I fail to see the point of starting another thread on the same subject, surely it would have just made better sense to stick to the original thread, especially since you haven't ticked it as resolved.

I have the same printer/scanner as you and as far as I am concerned there is a fault in the software. Unfortunatly I cannot remember exactly how I solved it as it was some time ago. I think I either updated the Twain driver or reinstalled the Twain driver manually.

I'll see if I can find the relevant info on the Epson site and if I can I will post it back on this thread.

You might as well tick the other thread as resolved to save confusion.

woodchip 18:10 09 Sep 07

What operating System are you running?

YAMA 21:15 09 Sep 07

ok have ticked it yet again, and what has happened to this time i do not know, look forward to hearing from you, total regards yama

YAMA 21:16 09 Sep 07

sorry woodcip, win xp pro

woodchip 21:25 09 Sep 07

Try this it may work on the off chance. it did on my 98se comp as I could not understand why Windows said my Epson Scanner was loaded but it did not show in any of my programs. Go to Control Panel\Add Remove Programs\Windows setup tab on the right in the Windows setup look for Paint if it as a tick by it remove it exit the above, reboot then go back into the above and put the tick back. the have a look to see if it's in your programs. If not try another reboot

YAMA 07:40 10 Sep 07

woodchip i have no win set up in add/remove
cheers yama

woodchip 10:07 10 Sep 07

In Add Remove if you look on the left you will see a button for windows

woodchip 10:08 10 Sep 07

The above is for XP if you run another OS like 98se etc just say so

woodchip 10:11 10 Sep 07

Cannot Remember

But you first go to Control Panel then double click on Add Remove Icon then press the widows button on the left. to find things in the windows bit like accessories you also have to double click to see other bits

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…