twain error on scanner

VANNIN 08:55 12 Sep 03

my PC is HP Pavilion 7921,i have installed a new scanner CanoScan LiDE 20,when i try to scan,i get the message virtual memory low,i have increased
virtual memory,but still get the same message,when
i click Ok ,it says Twain error,cannot communicate
with scanner,cable may be disconnected,check status,cable is connected,any ideas please.

mark500 09:38 12 Sep 03

click here Download new drivers for your OS here and try that.

VANNIN 16:24 15 Sep 03

not solved,same pop ups appear

mark500 13:18 16 Sep 03

DIRECT FROM CANON UK. I told them of the prob and they sent me this.

Incident ID: 386488

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding your Canon product.

In response to your query, please find below a step-by-step guide to follow in order to solve your problem.

This problem is caused by other twain drivers, which are installed on your System. (Former scanner or digital camera)

- Download the "Scanner uninstaller utility" from click here under "Download Software", "Scanners", select (name scanner). Choose your Operating System, language and the uninstaller utility. Create a folder on your C:\ and save and unzip it there. It will be easier to locate.
- Disconnect the scanner from the PC during the uninstalling procedure.
- Go to the folder containing the unzipped file.
- Use the file "DELDRV", select your scanner and the *.inf file will be deleted automatically.
- Go to the device manager; check if the scanner is still listed under "Imaging Devices". If so, delete it.
- Go to the folder C:\Windows or WinNT and locate the folder "Twain32". Delete it completely.
- Search for the folder "Twain_32" and delete all Canon-entries in this folder.
- Search for the file "Twain_32.dll" (mostly shown as "Twain_32") and delete it.
- Reboot the PC.
- Connect the scanner to the PC again.
- New hardware should be found.
- Re-install the driver and use the installation path: CD-ROM drive:\ScanGear\English

VANNIN 19:39 17 Sep 03

Ihave to" create a folder on your C:\ and save and
unzip it there" How?

mark500 21:56 17 Sep 03

Click on C drive in explorer to highlight it in blue. Go up to the toolbar and click FILE->NEW->FOLDER Give it a name. Open winzip and click on extract. On the right pane navigate to your new folder. Click it and extract.

VANNIN 07:08 18 Sep 03

I am really embarassed but i do not know how to find C drive in explorer,is this msn explorer or internet explorer home page ?

mark500 07:57 18 Sep 03

Start-Programs-Accessories-Windows Explorer

VANNIN 19:06 19 Sep 03

thank you very much for your help

VANNIN 18:23 25 Sep 03

problem re-occurs every time PC is switched off?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…