TWAIN error message

alfieb 19:03 24 Jan 04

I currently run a Canon flatbed scanner (model D1250U2) on WindowsXP home. A couple of nights ago we had a power surge and both my imaging devices have disappeared. The one that is causing me concern, when trying to reload it, is the scanner. The programme files are still there but when I try to scan I get an error message to check that the device is connected (which it is) and that the leads are in (which they are) and just behind that box I get a TWAIN error message - unable to connect to device....anyone have any clues what has happened.
When I do a hardware check the scanner isn't there. I have uninstalled all the programmes and when I try to re-nstall it, using Instal Wizard my scanner isn't mentioned so I click on "have disk", and change the drive to D: and ...nothing.
I look to you for enlightenment and guidance!!

Mango Grummit 19:21 24 Jan 04

You have, more or less, done what I would do except have you made sure scanner is not connected before doing all this? I'm presuming you are on USB and if so start again (with the insruction book)as if this scanner is new today. Make sure nothing relating to scanner is showing in registry.

Good luck, M

Mango Grummit 19:22 24 Jan 04

* instruction

Krap Trypist, sorry

bretsky 23:33 24 Jan 04

Sounds like when your pc had the power surge the Twain driver to the cannon scanner has been some how corrupted.

Go to the cannon web site and download a new driver for your scanner.

Good luck ...........bretsky;0)

woodchip 23:48 24 Jan 04

If it's a USB scanner look for it in Device Manager and remove it. then go to Add New Hardware and run

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…