Twain Driver. ?

ribo 08 Jul 11
Answered

Hope someone can help. Recently changed O/S to Windows 7 64 bit. It is a canon CanoScan8400F I have updated the drivers and updated the toolbox to version 50.1.2. It works fine in Photoshop when I import it, so I am assuming that the twain drivers are ok. However when I try using it from the toolbox or from the front of the scanner itself I get the message " Unable to select Twain Source" When I go into the Fax and Scan progtram it tells me no scanner is detected. I am unable at the moment to scan documents into anything other than Photoshop. Thanks J

ICF 08 Jul 11

Un-install it and uplug the scanner from the PC.Then re-install from scratch as per manual.

ribo 08 Jul 11

Thank you. When I install the scanner as per the manual, using the installation disk, I am advised that this is a 32 bit driver. That is why I updated the drivers from the Canon web site. I have now reinstalled the toolbox and it all works ok now. Thanks again.

john bunyan 08 Jul 11
Answer

Yes, I have a Canonscan 8800f and a MP640. I use Photoshop CS5 to capture scansa nd there are no 64 bit Twain drivers, so for scanning purposes in CS5 i launch the 32bit version , which is installed by Photoshop alongside the 64 bit version. I did confirm this with Adobe.

john bunyan 08 Jul 11

PS also have W& 64 bit.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message