Twain Driver. ?

ribo 10:34 AM 08 Jul 11

Hope someone can help. Recently changed O/S to Windows 7 64 bit. It is a canon CanoScan8400F I have updated the drivers and updated the toolbox to version 50.1.2. It works fine in Photoshop when I import it, so I am assuming that the twain drivers are ok. However when I try using it from the toolbox or from the front of the scanner itself I get the message " Unable to select Twain Source" When I go into the Fax and Scan progtram it tells me no scanner is detected. I am unable at the moment to scan documents into anything other than Photoshop. Thanks J

ICF 10:44 AM 08 Jul 11

Un-install it and uplug the scanner from the PC.Then re-install from scratch as per manual.

ribo 14:30 PM 08 Jul 11

Thank you. When I install the scanner as per the manual, using the installation disk, I am advised that this is a 32 bit driver. That is why I updated the drivers from the Canon web site. I have now reinstalled the toolbox and it all works ok now. Thanks again.

john bunyan 17:10 PM 08 Jul 11

Yes, I have a Canonscan 8800f and a MP640. I use Photoshop CS5 to capture scansa nd there are no 64 bit Twain drivers, so for scanning purposes in CS5 i launch the 32bit version , which is installed by Photoshop alongside the 64 bit version. I did confirm this with Adobe.

john bunyan 17:10 PM 08 Jul 11

PS also have W& 64 bit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 4K screen is purpose-built for showcasing digital art

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know