TWAIN Driver

Blott 22:54 27 Dec 03

I have an Epson Perfection 1240U scanner.

I am using Win 98SE.

The Scanner has given no problems before, and I have uninstalled and re-installed it a couple of times over the years.

However, I have just re-installed it following a complete re-format of the hard drive, and it is not now very well.

The programe window comes up OK but when I ask it to scan, a window appears saying

"Please install the supported TWAIN Driver" .

As the scanner installation has proceeded as before, from the same installation CD and with no problems, I assume that this TWAIN Driver is something that should have installed with Win98.

Anyone any ideas where I can find and install this driver ?

p.s. PLEASE - Ladies and Gentlemen - no jokes about where to find a "Twain Driver" - I think I have heard them all whilst investigating this problem locally.

Best Regards
And a Good Year in 2004 to all on the helproom.

Blott

VoG II 23:02 27 Dec 03

No, it should be on the scanner installation CD.

When it asks for it, try bunging that CD in the drive.

gold 47 23:03 27 Dec 03

Your printer is no us without the Twain driver,no it is not part of W98 install disk but will be on your printer install CD all printer install disks will have have this on by default,uninstall and try again if it does not work go to my computer put your printer install disk in right click on the drive and explore the CD.

beeuuem 23:11 27 Dec 03

I'd check this section click here Installation Problems and uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

Steinman 23:12 27 Dec 03

try here for drivers click here There's a load of guff to go through to register but may help.

Steinman 23:13 27 Dec 03
  Steinman 23:15 27 Dec 03

Really Sorry about all the postings!
The PC went doolalley. Probably too much Xmas spirit (in me! LOL!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…