TVs as Monitors

sebtiger 17:23 07 Apr 07

Hi all

My monitor is on the blink at the moment and i am readying myself to buy a new one. I have been glancing over Ebay and have found that a 26" HD Flat panel TV is going for around £250 whereas a monitor of the same size is +£1000 which is ridiculous. Would it be alright to use a TV for a monitor, I know that tvs normally run lower resolution but if it is HD shouldn't that make all the difference?

Thanks
Seb

Stuartli 18:26 07 Apr 07

You'd be better keeping the TV for its main purpose.

A 22in TFT monitor from Novotech, for instance, is just under £200:

click here

laurie53 20:10 07 Apr 07

I use our holiday TV, a WS 17 in Phillips, as a monitor, and have been for two years without problems

Laurie

woodchip 20:44 07 Apr 07

I use a 32ins LCD TV as a Monitor when I want to sit back downstairs surfing the Net. But a Monitor is best for Computer work on a regular basis

woodchip 20:45 07 Apr 07

PS your Graphics Card as to Have a DVI output to connect to HDMI socket

sebtiger 23:21 07 Apr 07

Yeah, I am all good for DVI outputs two of them in fact. But see I am planning on using the screen as a gaming/main computer screen. From what I gather from you guys that it is best to go for a big monitor.

Oh well
Seb

woodchip 23:37 07 Apr 07

Games will be OK on the TV. As is the Computer. But for work you need a Monitor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…