tvguide UK

kimtrnc 17:57 PM 01 May 11

Help! How do I get rid of this, please.? I use Firefox as my search engine, if this is relevant. I do not want TV guide with all its junk! Please tell me how before i shoot myself

rdave13 18:07 PM 01 May 11

Had a google for this but can't see any software to install for TV Guide UK? Is this a pop-up?

Woolwell 18:37 PM 01 May 11

Like rdave13 I cannot find any software for this. Has it become your home page?

tullie 18:46 PM 01 May 11

Firefox isent your search engine,its a browser

rdave13 19:01 PM 01 May 11

Download,update, and run a full scan of MalwareBytes.

see what it brings up.

kimtrnc 19:02 PM 01 May 11

Tullie, yes, I know that, of course - just a slip of the keyboard. However, it seems impossible to get rid of. Don't like the "new version" of Firefox much, either. Obviously, I am a Luddite, if you know what that is.... Don't understand why everything has to be revamped on a regular basis,when it's already quite acceptable....

rdave13 19:04 PM 01 May 11

Is this a pop-up, or the homepage?

kimtrnc 19:10 PM 01 May 11

rDave - Malware says no nasties, and it just sits in Firefox. Doesn't seem to pop up, just refuses to go away, however hard I try. I am not normally idiotic, I promise you.....

rdave13 19:21 PM 01 May 11

kimtrnc, neither am I but I do fall down sometimes..:) Your description of and it just sits in Firefox doesn't really explain to me what is actually happening. What I imagine is, you open FF and the page that opens is this tv thing?

kimtrnc 19:25 PM 01 May 11

ams4127 19:28 PM 01 May 11

Check to see if it has been set as your "Homepage" in Firefox. If it is, just delete it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know