TV/DVD Player set-up...

Gaz 25 15:47 31 Oct 05

Hi,

Not sure if I'm used to this new style of site yet but anyway...

I have a Loewe Concept L32 DVB-T 32" TV.

Now I have a DVD recorder and a High-End intergrated DVD player/Cinema System.

Now the guys that set the TV up connected the LiteOn DVD recorder using Scart input (freeview recording) and output to TV using Component. Quality is great. Progressive scan, etc.

Now my high-end DVD player/Intergrated Home Cinema is getting on a bit, and only supports component though use of adpaters, which i wish to avoid.

The guys set this up by a Composite > Scart. The Quality is not very good, slightly grainy.

Now would the S-video > Scart adapter I have be better?

The problem is, the composite and s-video sockets are located on the front, and it looks ugly sticking out. I wish they put s-video on the back. :-(

Any ideas? Is scart to be avoided at all costs?

Regards,
Gaz25

Stuartli 16:46 31 Oct 05

S-Video to S-Video would be better but, as you already have the S-Video to Scart lead, the simple answer is to try it...:-)

Gaz 25 17:22 31 Oct 05

And it's almost as good as Svideo > Svideo. The adapter was supplied with the DVD player, gold connector, massive block, and thick cables and it's performance is good.

I'll close this thread now. Quality is perfect now, picture is rock still.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…