TV On Windows Media Centre

Dazza40 17:14 24 Jul 06

I've just purchased a Phillips MT2400 with a Hauppage PCI TV card installed. When setting up TV I can find TV channels but picture very jerky.
TV channels where I live are good old analogue and TV set is fine with same aerial.
Having searched on forums one thing springs to mind are there settings on the card for analogue and digital that I need to alter? If so where are they?
I've tried downloading new drivers from hauppage but after installing Media Centre could not find any channels.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Daz

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:47 24 Jul 06

Check wether you can receive digital channels in your area click here

You may need to upgrade your aerial to a "digital type" (wideband)

You can usually "set" the connection type in the software, choices could be
Aerial/ cable
Digital/analogue

Dazza40 22:35 24 Jul 06

Thanks Fruit Bat. Unfortunately I'm not in a digital area. Some time in 2009.....
You mention setting in the software. I can't see anything? In Programs is a folder called WINTV but in there is only a text file called softMCE.

Any other thoughts?

Daz

lotvic 01:39 25 Jul 06

Could you have the same prob? click here
quote from bottom of page ""Driver build 23151 is known to produce jerky video in MCE
""Updated the drivers today, and all is working perfectly.
Why do Phillips ship this computer with the original drivers, which are known to cause so many problems."" /end quote

terryf 02:03 25 Jul 06

Fruit Bat /\0/\, can you advise what software is used, please, I have a TV card but cannot see any relevant software other than the drivers and Pinnacle Studio 9 which doesn't see any TV signals

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:01 25 Jul 06

teryf

There should be TV software supplied with the TV card. You need to know make of card to getsupported software.

WinTV is used by the Hauppauge cards

you could try something like Myth TV click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:10 25 Jul 06
  Dazza40 17:07 27 Jul 06

Thanks all. From lotvic's link I updated the drivers and picture appears far better now.

Cheers

Daz

Giggsy252 19:30 28 Jul 06

hey dazza, i also have a MT2400 which is just bought recently, do you have any problems with shutdown? The PC was just bought a month ago and it constantly just hangs on the shutdown screen.

Dazza40 19:51 30 Jul 06

Hi,
Slow update, been to the Motor Show.
Bearing in mind the spec it is slow shutting down. Hasn't hung on me yet!!

I've got a feeling that I saw somewhere on this forum some software that tells you on shutdown which program is running so you can get help with fixing.

Daz

Dazza40 19:51 30 Jul 06

Hi,
Slow update, been to the Motor Show.
Bearing in mind the spec it is slow shutting down. Hasn't hung on me yet!!

I've got a feeling that I saw somewhere on this forum some software that tells you on shutdown which program is running so you can get help with fixing.

Daz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…