TV Video Capture Driver Problem

Stevie07 18:51 11 Dec 03

I have an Xpert TV PVR 883 capture card made by click here. Numerous attempts at installing the drivers for this have produced the dreaded yellow exclamation mark with an error message of 10. Anyone got any ideas.

y_not 19:41 11 Dec 03

Have you tried thier suggestion and moved the card to another PCI slot?

Often works and resolves IRQ conflicts

Stevie07 19:49 12 Dec 03

Yes I have moved the card to another PCI slot, but the same error message. Kworld sent me updated drivers but same problem.

MichelleC 09:17 13 Dec 03

I assume you're xp: another thing to try; updating chipset driver.

Stevie07 20:47 13 Dec 03

I dont really want to flash the bios as everything else is fine. Is there anything else I can try before flash as you hear of so many PCs going down after bios flash. I have a ECS K7AMA motherboard running an Athlon 1200 with XP.

MichelleC 11:01 14 Dec 03

You don't need to flash bios, just chipset. If you go to athlon site and d/load AMD Driver Pack, Version 1.30 - (Detects the current operating system and hardware and installs the proper drivers. See the release notes for the driver versions included.) click here

Stevie07 19:15 14 Dec 03

Thanks for that the software reported no AMD devices for update. My chipset is ALI M1647 ALiMAGIK and I couldn't find any updates for that. I did eventually carry out a successful falsh of the bios, but still no joy. Looks like I'll be returning the card unless there are any other suggestions.

MichelleC 20:06 14 Dec 03

Only other things: try updating card driver via device manager navigating to search for new driver at M$; or the difficult way is to install 98 on another partition (98's driver-base is less hassle than xp and w2k).

Chegs ® 20:21 14 Dec 03

click here

Try these for updated drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced