Tv tuner and windows media problem

Newuser265 20:15 15 Sep 06

I have an external Tv tuner - AVerTV USB MCE(MO38) - I am unable to get this to work with widows media - (which means i cannot use the remote.) When I try to get media to look for the tuner it reports no TV signal can be found. I loaded the driver that came with it okay.

I went to AVer web and downloaded the full software - installed and the TV tuner works great outside of the media centre- so why will it not work within the windows media?? I have looked in vain on windows web site as I thought perhaps i needed some kind of patch.
Anyone else had this problem - or anyone any ideas?
Graham

STREETWORK 21:59 15 Sep 06

When you use the software provided with the tuner it will load the driver for the remote. WMP does not do this

Newuser265 15:53 16 Sep 06

Thanks for comment - I did load the software that came with the tuner - but windows media does not pick up that there is any TV signal - when of course there is!
Anyone any ideas i can try.

Stuartli 16:20 16 Sep 06

If you mean Windows Media Player it won't work with it - you need to use Aver's own (TV) screen display.

Newuser265 17:48 16 Sep 06

Stuartli - thanks for help - no i do not mean the windows media player - its the media centre of the widows XP operating system. I deliberatly brought the media version of windows so i could use the computer as a TV outlet - hence my frustration that i cannot get it to work within it - only with the normal windows XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…