TV Tuner not working, please help!

thedogisdead3 15:28 17 Sep 06

I've got myself a freeview TV tuner and it has worked fine for many months, now, out of the blue, it has given up on me.

When the TV is loaded up, all that will be shown is one single frame of television, and that's it, just a still picture, followed by the obligatory 'Non-responsive programme' message.

I have also found that some of my video files will not play whearas they used to be fine, so I'm supecting this is all to do with my video card, which if I remember rightly is an ATI Radeon 9200... the help files with it are not helpful at all.

Any ideas on this would be much appreciated!!!

Cheers.

Aaron.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:33 17 Sep 06

Can you uninstall and reinstall the software and drivers for your TV card?

johnnyrocker 16:34 17 Sep 06

is this a standalone tuner or card integrated?

johnny

thedogisdead3 16:38 17 Sep 06

It's card integrated... I've tried re-installing the software with no joy.

Somebody said it could be a software conflic, but I dont know how to figure out which software is conflicting?!

Stuartli 17:15 17 Sep 06

Try installing the latest version of the Freeview card's drivers, plus DirectX 9.0c.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:18 17 Sep 06

Right click My Computer - properties - Hardware - device manager - click on the Tuner card (ant symbols against the card?) and select properties again. it should show conflicts if any.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…