TV tuner not recognised with new ATI driver

morris948 15:39 17 Apr 04

I have an ATI radion 9000 all in one graphics card which has TV tuner.
On the windows update page there is an ATI driver update which i installed, since doing this, when i click the TV icon the easylook driver thinks that there is no tuner installed and i cant get the TV anymore.
So i used system restore to go back and it all works fine,apart from the annoying message that says 'easylook drivers are out of date'.
Is there a bug in ATI's software? or have i missed something.

johnnyrocker 15:44 17 Apr 04

it is never a good idea to d/load microsoft drivers at any time, what os are you using? if xp you can select the item in device manager and roll back the drivers, or system restore might be quicker, failing that if you dont have xp go to the website of your card and d/loadd drivers from there.

morris948 16:39 17 Apr 04

Im using xp pro OS.
Ive tried updating the easylook driver fro ATI website, but i get the same problem TV tuner not recognised.
Its not a big deal, i will live with the out of date driver, its just that why is it that so called improvements/updates just make things worse!!

Pamy 11:27 18 Apr 04

Have you installed Direct X9.0b?

This stops TV tuner working. There is a patch on Microsoft site

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…