TV tuner mayhem...

thedogisdead3 19:57 05 Jan 05

Hello,

I have recently bought a VisionDTV Mini Ter Terrestrial TV tuner... after lots of messing around I have finally been able to stick an aerial in it... trouble is, it still doesnt work.

Despite having a rooftop aerial plugged it, it refuses to indicate ANY quality or signal strength. To boot, it refuses to find any UK channels and I so far havent watched a single second of QVC or any of the other quality programming to be found on Freeview.

I'm a bit stumped, as I have followed the manual (broken English and poor in depth) to the word. There's not that much to actually muck about with anyway.

As far as I know, all the hardware and software is correctly installed.

I am also within the Freeview area...

Any help would be great. Thanks!

thedogisdead3 20:07 05 Jan 05

Maybe I should have just bought a box instead...

thedogisdead3 20:20 05 Jan 05

...and that

Salinger 20:48 05 Jan 05

Are you sure it is a UK model? Ones I can find are Australian.

steve0 20:48 05 Jan 05

Have you tried the instructions posted here?

click here==

Jackcoms 20:57 05 Jan 05

I assume that you have a digital rooftop aerial?

If your existing aerial is more than about 5 years old, it is probably only good for analogue broadcasts.

Alternatively, if you do have a digital-quality aerial, is it pointing at your nearest digital transmitter (which are not always in the same location as analogue transmitters)?

bluenote 22:17 05 Jan 05

Is this an external box ,or an internal card.If the former then the connection will need a scart connection,which you probably do not have.

fieldyweb 02:34 06 Jan 05

Ok, how about you take a look at this from another angle... I recently bought a Gadmei TV Tuner, USB Box.. Manual English, not a chance.. All in Chinese.. but well 1000B (about 12pounds) from the local IT Emporium.. Anyway, i installed it and the Software that came with.. and it worked, for about 3 weeks, then i didn't use it for a couple of weeks.. I go back to let my Wife watch TV while i wanted to watch Chelsea on ESPN, and it didn't work.. Bugger..

Turns out, the Webcam, and a Camtasia Capture driver were taking over as preferred devices....

If you have another video driver such as a webcam or a Video Camera, maybe the software is seeing this as the preferred Input driver?

You also might try a couple of other TV Tuner software programs, such as WmeTV or FlyDS, have a look on Sourceforge.net or search google,

Finally, Make sure the software is setup as Pal.. and not Secam or NTSC

Not sure if that helps..

thedogisdead3 13:11 06 Jan 05

I think the digital aerial might be the problem... that ones been up there for years....

erm... It's an internal card... why would I need a scart connection?!

Jackcoms 13:25 06 Jan 05

thedogisdead3

As per my post of 5 Jan at 20:57, I suggest you get an aerial man in to test your aerial.

I installed a Freeview set-top box about 12 months ago only to discover that my 10-year old aerial was no good for digital broadcasts.

I now have a digital aerial pointing at my local digital transmitter and a separate analogue aerial pointing in a SLIGHTLY different direction towards my local analogue transmitter (we have one TV for Freeview and another one for analogue channels only!).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…