TV TUNER CARD

dwe 16:58 21 Mar 06

DO YOU HAVE TO USE THE SOFTWARE SUPPLIED WITH THE CARD OR CAN YOU USE A THIRD PARTY

rmcqua 17:00 21 Mar 06

I would have thought that the software supplied with a TV tuner card is rather product specific, so you have to use it. Is there any Third Party software available? I don't know.

pj1664 17:05 21 Mar 06

Always use the software that came with the card as its made specificly for that card and try checking the web site for any updates as sometimes the the software can be outdated from the time of menufecture of the card to the point of purchse. Sometimes third party software can make the card redundent and the warrenty wont cover it.

Stuartli 17:06 21 Mar 06

Depending on the TV card you can most certainly use third party software such as, for instance, ShowShifter (but now sadly defunct).

I have a Freeview Twinhan DVB-ter Digital + Analogue (D+A) PCI TV card which originally came with Cyberlink PowerCinema (not very good), so I used ShowShifter until Twinhan's own updated BDA drivers and software was released.

There's also MyTheatre amongst many others.

You can download and try ShowShifter (use TV card manufacturer's drivers) from various sources on a 15 day trial but, unfortunately, it's of no use after that time as you cannot officially licence your copy.

Stuartli 17:07 21 Mar 06

>>Sometimes third party software can make the card redundent>>

In which way exactly?

Stuartli 17:10 21 Mar 06

Twinhan's own website states, referring to some of its TV cards:

"BDA driver (For MCE or BDA compatible 3'rd party s/w use)

"BDA is only a free driver, you still need to buy Microsoft Media Center Edition or BDA compatible 3'rd party s/w to watch digital TV.

"Notice:MCE doesn't support MPGE2 Decoder. You should download MPGE2 Decoder to watch TV.Please refer to Microsoft webside for compatible MPGE2 Decoders."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…