TV tuner

spikeychris 14:59 26 Apr 04

I've just bought a MSI VOX USB2.0 External TV Tuner as advertised in PCA, works like a dream and the extras are fantastic. It running on my laptop that is specked up yet the picture is a lot slower than the TV. Watching snooker on it is almost impossible...anyone any ideas?

Diodorus Siculus 15:01 26 Apr 04

What happens if you use it in a smaller screen / lower resolution?

spikeychris 15:09 26 Apr 04

Same as, I've tried all the options

Diodorus Siculus 15:12 26 Apr 04

Does the laptop have shared graphics? If so, it may be possible to allocate more to the graphics card.

TomJerry 15:28 26 Apr 04

works like a dream = picture is a lot slower than the TV?

Can you use the box on a desktop pc to check which to blame (laptop or box)?

By the way, the "real" users' comments on this little box is not very hot click here.

Leadtek's WinFast TV USB II would be better click here

spikeychris 15:38 26 Apr 04

Diodorus Siculus, just tweaking the GX now I'll let you know, TomJerry The desktop option was next, BTW >> "By the way, the "real" users comments" don't quite understand the meaning of that.

spikeychris 16:19 26 Apr 04

Tweaked away and downloaded a more up to date driver but no joy. On other Chanel's IE: ones not showing snooker its not as apparent, might have to live with it.

woodchip 16:41 26 Apr 04

Try going into BIOS and allocate more memory to Graphics chip

spikeychris 17:00 26 Apr 04

No option the the BIOS Colin.

woodchip 17:10 26 Apr 04

That's a bit strange, I would have thought it was onboard Graphics. It was memory probs I had when I started out with TV card and had to keep it down to low res 640x480 when I increased the memory it went up to 800x600 to fill the screen

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…