TV THROUGH MY WINDOWS XP MEDIA PLAYER?

flaming 01:53 03 Jan 06

I live in a block of flats with a rented communal satellite aerial. Even if I don't want the Sky package offered by the aerial company I would have to pay them a hefty installation charge and a monthly fee thereafter. My postcode is unsuitable (as yet? ever?)for a set-top box. I now have the above PC with a TFT TV monitor. I am told I can buy a TV splitter to feed my PC and my TV nearby from my one terrestrial TV aerial. Would I then get terrestrial TV through my PC and would the PC get the new TV channels? I really want to avoid the monthly rental charge for the satellite aerial. I appreciate that I wouldn't receive Sky TV. The roof is checked frequently so I cannot have my own dish aerial. I would be grateful for guidance please. Thanks.

SG Atlantis® 09:52 03 Jan 06

you want your monitor and normal tv to share an aerial?

easily done, just use a splitter and some coax cable, like you've said yourself.

I recently bought a TV diy Kit from instore for £5. It has loads of different things in it, will always come in handy, good value.

flaming 12:14 03 Jan 06

Thanks SG Atlantis (and why is there a circled 'R' after your name?). Sorry to be dense but is there any way I can get the new terrestrial channels on the PC, without a dish outside, after I have bought the aerial splitter? I can't see why I would get any different channels than are at present on my TV.

SG Atlantis® 13:09 03 Jan 06

no you won't get any extra channels other than the ones you have now.

My name is an abbreviation of the tv show Stargate Atlantis (as I am a big fan of it) and the ® means that it's a registered trademark.

Smegs 14:26 06 Jan 06

click here

Theres some more channels here.

Hope your on Broadband, and don't have a download limit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…