tv signal problem

shwinglow 17:39 PM 13 Jul 11

My problem is with TV not PC - so if anybody can help, I would be most grateful - can anyone tell me what the difference is between 'freeview' digi box & 'sky' box also does a sattelite dish have to be installed on the outside of a house or will it still work if it is installed in a loft/attic space & finally what is the recomended size for a satelite dish, in other words which works the best

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:49 PM 13 Jul 11

Freeview is free receives programs via your Ariel digibox is the tuner one off payment to purchase the box approx £20 or with built in HDD recorder £100 approx

Freestat is freeview via satellite, one off payment for dish and box, signal recieved via dish.

Sky pay per month, lots more channels, the more you have the more you pay, signals received via satellite dish and box

eedcam 18:19 PM 13 Jul 11

Doubt if your satellite dish would be any good indoors as for size have a read link text

chub_tor 18:31 PM 13 Jul 11

Sky also has its own Freesat box with more channels than the BBC/ITV Freesat Click Here

AroundAgain 18:31 PM 13 Jul 11

FreeSat gives more channels than Freeview, but not Sky programmes, for the cost of dish and installation only.

There's no subscription to FreeSat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11