tv signal problem

shwinglow 13 Jul 11

My problem is with TV not PC - so if anybody can help, I would be most grateful - can anyone tell me what the difference is between 'freeview' digi box & 'sky' box also does a sattelite dish have to be installed on the outside of a house or will it still work if it is installed in a loft/attic space & finally what is the recomended size for a satelite dish, in other words which works the best

shwing

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13 Jul 11

Freeview is free receives programs via your Ariel digibox is the tuner one off payment to purchase the box approx £20 or with built in HDD recorder £100 approx

Freestat is freeview via satellite, one off payment for dish and box, signal recieved via dish.

Sky pay per month, lots more channels, the more you have the more you pay, signals received via satellite dish and box

eedcam 13 Jul 11

Doubt if your satellite dish would be any good indoors as for size have a read link text

chub_tor 13 Jul 11

Sky also has its own Freesat box with more channels than the BBC/ITV Freesat Click Here

AroundAgain 13 Jul 11

FreeSat gives more channels than Freeview, but not Sky programmes, for the cost of dish and installation only.

There's no subscription to FreeSat.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message