TV screen or Monitor

sinbads 11:09 26 Sep 08

Owing to a lack of space i am looking at using a TV screen as a monitor click here

Would like to hear from those that use a tv screen as a monitor and what pro's and con's there are.

Technotiger 11:38 26 Sep 08

I use a widescreen 22" LCD DTV/Monitor, it is brilliant. I also have a normal TV, but I would say go for it!

sinbads 12:53 26 Sep 08

Thanks for your response, never having used a tv as a monitor do you think the spec of this tv is ok ? Not into games ;but do use my monitor as a tv via WMC & tv card, never really been happy with picture quality of this 17" Medion monitor.

Technotiger 18:36 26 Sep 08

Yes, you should be pleasantly surprised when you see your PC output on a LCD screen.

skidzy 18:44 26 Sep 08

I have to agree with Techno;

I often have my lappy going through my 40" lcd,especially when the boys want to play a game or two or even watching a slide show of saved pics not yet burnt etc.

sinbads 20:28 26 Sep 08

hi skidzy 40" thats a big screen at that size surely the picture quality must suffer, perhaps not these days with HD. I would imagine connecting is straight forward vga to pc, specs and price looks so i'll be picking one up on Sunday (aldi special buy's)

sinbads 14:55 28 Sep 08

OK just setup new Tv as monitor painless no probs at all exept for slight screen size adjustment.Can't believe the difference it makes now got Digital +analogue+ freesat and PC all in one just need to get freesat to WMC somehow,

Thanks for your imput

malgall 16:14 28 Sep 08

i have tried connecting my computer to a 32 inch HD tv and can say the quality was very good

Technotiger 16:59 28 Sep 08

Normally to get correct screen size with a LCD TV/Screen you should set the Resolution at the TV/Monitors max resolution - for my 22" widescreen that means 1680x1050, but yours may be different.

sinbads 17:57 28 Sep 08

Umm VGA resolutions supported 640x480 to 1440x900 if i set the resolution. highest my slider will go to is 1360x768 then the screen shows a black band on either side?

Migwell 18:14 28 Sep 08

I use a 32" Sony TV from m laptop to show slides and have also seen MSWord used on it and it's fab

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…